Life Epigenetics, the insurtech subsidiary of GWG Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:GWGH), announced it has formed an Advisory Board that includes experts in machine learning, artificial intelligence, epidemiology, aging, insurance regulation, and actuarial underwriting. The Advisory Board will provide counsel to the company as it grows its insurtech initiative.
The Advisory Board members are:
- Anne Melissa Dowling, Senior Advisor at Weiss Multi-Strategy Advisers and former Insurance Commissioner for the states of Connecticut and Illinois
- Lloyd Foster, Chief Executive Officer, Foster Colley Enterprises and former Chief Risk Officer of SCOR Global Life Reinsurance, US
- Morgan Levine, Assistant Professor of Pathology at Yale School of Medicine and expert on the biomarkers of aging, epidemiology and data science
- Raymond McCauley, Chair of Digital Biology at Singularity University and scientist, engineer and entrepreneur
- Andreas Müller, Lecturer at the Data Science Institute at Columbia University, machine learning expert and core developer of the Python machine learning package scikit-learn
“We are grateful to have these experts join our advisory board to provide insights and guidance to us,” said Jon Sabes, Life Epigenetics Chief Executive Officer. “They represent some of the finest minds in the fields in which we operate – science, technology, and insurance – and will apply their knowledge and experiences to help guide us in these critical areas.”
The creation of the Life Epigenetics Advisory Board occurs as the company moves to commercialize lifespan predicting M-Panel technology. Under the guidance of Chief Science Officer Dr. Brian Chen, the Company is making breakthroughs in the ability to use epigenetic biomarkers to identify overall health and wellness, as well as specific conditions that have the potential to change how life insurance products are created, priced and sold.
“The Advisory Board expands our knowledge as new developments emerge in areas that will be critical to our success and growth,” Sabes said. “We look forward to being able to access these brilliant individuals for their insights they have developed in their years of experience.”
About Life Epigenetics
Life Epigenetics is the insurtech subsidiary of GWG Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:GWGH) that is dedicated to creating transformational technology for the life insurance industry based on advanced epigenetic science. The company’s “DNA methylation-based predictor of mortality technology,” exclusively licensed from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), provides unprecedented new insight into longevity using epigenetics.
For more information about Life Epigenetics, Inc., visit www.lifeegx.com